HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION (“HOA”) REPRESENTATION AND DISPUTES LAWYER FOR LOS ANGELES, SANTA MONICA, WEST HOLLYWOOD, AND BEVERLY HILLS
Homeowners Associations are prevalent throughout Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, and Beverly Hills. What they bring to planned communities, townhomes and condominium units can have wide ranging benefits in maintenance, long term goals, security, group activities and more. The HOA is responsible for enforcement of Covenants, Codes and Restrictions (CC&Rs), operating rules, ownership rights and interests, dispute resolutions and civil actions.
But this added layer of bureaucracy can have its downside.
- Posturing and jockeying for political power and control over the community rights can quickly drain the HOA’s cash reserves.
- Disputes can arise between the HOA board and homeowner(s), or between specific members of the HOA board and a homeowner.
- There can be disagreements regarding repairs or improvements made by contractors under the direction of the HOA or an individual homeowner.
- Common areas and their maintenance or improvements are a common bone of contention.
- Pets of individual homeowners are often the source of dissension amongst homeowners within the HOA community.
There are so many things that can go wrong when multiple individuals want to preserve their individual rights while trying to strike a balance with the rights of the community at large.
WEBB & BEECHER LAWYERS REPRESENT BOTH HOA’s AND CONDO OWNERS IN BEVERLY HILLS, LOS ANGELES, SANTA MONICA AND WEST HOLLYWOOD
If you find yourself on either side of an HOA dispute, or you are an HOA in need guidance, consider the attorneys at Webb & Ord. We are experts at dispute resolution and negotiations and are experienced at assessing the facts in the case and determining where fault lies based on the governing documents that both parties must adhere to. Accusations of violations of bylaws and infringements of CC&R’s can be lodged by either an individual homeowner or the HOA board and we have extensive experience history representing both parties. Let Eric Webb or Eleanor Ord take a look at your case and give you an honest appraisal of your claim. Call Eric Webb or Eleanor Ord at 323-462-3736 for a free consultation.